A friend just passed this information along to me, and I thought it might be of interest to some of you who are living in the Victoria, BC area.
A great opportunity as I know many of you have had questions about how to get into your local libraries.
Hopefully it will go well for them, and some other libraries will do similar things.
Here’s the info:
Greater Victoria Public Library
Greater Victoria Public Library is establishing a new *Emerging Local Authors Collection* to highlight self-published, independent, or small press print works (fiction, poetry, non-fiction) by local authors, for readers of all ages.
Eligible books should be:
· A print work (GVPL is investigating the possibility of including ebooks in this collection next year)
· Written in English or French
· Have content that does not contravene Canadian legislation
· Published 2010-2014
· Bound for rigors of circulation (professional quality)
· Donated (one copy maximum)
· Author currently resides in the South Island OR resided in the South Island during year of publication (“South Island” encompassesVancouver Island approximately south of the Malahat, from Port Renfrew to North Saanich).
If your book meets the eligibility requirements, please fill out an application form at www.gvpl.ca/emerginglocalauthors. Deadline for application is* January 17, 2015*. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.