Follow the handy tutorials below in the order they’re listed here for maximum effectiveness, and minimum amounts of frustration!
Stuck? I offer one on one coaching, and packages to help you with the more technical stuff if you need it. Didn’t need help at all and got your site up and running?
We’d love to add you to our success stories so use the comment form below to tell us how it went, and leave a link to your site. Don’t panic if your post doesn’t show right away. If it’s the first time you are commenting on our site it’ll have to be approved before posting. It’s how we keep those spammers out!!
SETTING UP YOUR WORDPRESS SITE:
- Register your domain name
- Set up hosting for your website
- Connecting your domain name to your hosting
- Logging in to your c-panel account
- Set up custom emails for your domain
- Why do we recommend using privately hosted WordPress?
- Installing WordPress on your domain
CUSTOMIZING HOW YOUR WORDPRESS SITE LOOKS:
- How to view your site
- Logging in to your site’s dashboard
- Posts – Adding & Editing
- Pages – Adding & Editing
- Customizing your header (the stuff at the top of your website)
- Comments – what are they and how do they work?
- Working with plugins
- Widgets – what are they and how do they work?
- Website design basics
- What are themes and how do I use them?
- Where can I get good, affordable, easy-to-customize, professional looking themes?
- Footers – what are they and how can you use them?
ADDING CONTENT TO YOUR WORDPRESS SITE
- Website content basics
- Adding a picture
- Adding a video
- Adding audio files